ATLANTA - The Governor’s Office for Children and Families is excited to announce the membership of the newly re-structured Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) Task Force!
In 2012, the GOCF CSEC Task Force began to restructure and reorganize to follow the Collective Impact Framework. The Collective Impact Framework is defined as a long term commitment of a group of important actors from different sectors to a common agenda for solving a specific social problem (Kania and Kramer, 2011). Within the Collective Impact Framework there are five conditions that must be met which include having a common agenda, shared measurement system, mutually reinforcing activities, continuous communication, and a backbone support organization.
In order for the GOCF CSEC Task Force to follow the Collective Impact Framework, it was necessary to also establish different membership levels. Over the past nine months, State Agencies, Law Enforcement Agencies, Faith-Based Organizations, Nonprofit Organizations, and many others have been submitting applications for Partner and Affiliate level membership with the Task Force. After this rigorous process, GOCF is now excited to announce the Partner and Affiliate Level members on the CSEC Task Force.
The following are the Partner Level Members on the CSEC Task Force:
- Attorney General's Office
- Center for Policy Studies at Georgia Family Council
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Stephanie Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children
- Chris Kids
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- DeKalb County District Attorney's Office
- Devereux Georgia Treatment Network
- Emory Barton Child Law and Policy Center
- Fulton County District Attorney’s Office
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Georgia Care Connection Office
- Georgia Center for Child Advocacy
- Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Georgia Division of Family and Children Services
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Georgia Women for a Change
- Interfaith Children's Movement
- The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc.
- No Human Trafficking
- Not For Sale Georgia
- Out of Darkness
- Roswell Rotary
- Wellspring Living
The following are the Affiliate Level Members on the CSEC Task Force:
- Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta
- CEPTA- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office
- Dr. LeConte Dill
- Driven From Within
- Drop Dead Gorgeous, Inc.
- Georgia Association of Nursing Students (GANS)
- Georgia Baptist Children's Homes and Family Ministries
- Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power and Potential
- Georgia IJM Advocacy Group
- JoyUs Beginnings Child and Family Wellness Center (CFWC) and Trauma Resource Institute
- Not On My Watch Endeavors (NOMWE)
- Office of the Child Advocate
- Sarah Hughes
- Sexual Assault Center of NWGA
- She Is Safe
- The Southern Center for Choice Theory, LLC
- Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services, Inc.
- Underdue Social Services, Inc.
- Wings of Hope Counseling Center, LLC.
- Wolanda Shelton
In March, the Governor’s Office for Children and Families’ Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) Task Force held its first Quarterly Meeting of the year. If you would like more information about the GOCF CSEC Task Force, please visit http://children.georgia.gov/csec-task-force or contact Katherine Peterson at Katherine.Peterson@children.ga.gov.